Since March 2020 life as we know it has changed forever due to the coronavirus COVID-19
To read the latest information see the Secure NT website and NT Steps to the New Normal
Local businesses are adjusting to the 'New Normal', please check with the advertised contact for any updates or changes to an advertised service.
Women's Leadership Symposium
by Women & Leadership Australia
At Darwin Convention Centre on 1 August 2018
The Women's Leadership Symposium creates a setting for accomplished and aspiring women leaders to reflect on their own journeys and explore leadership, life and career development. Through exposure to state-of-the-art leadership thinking, delegates will come away from the event better equipped and empowered for the road ahead.
Addressing issues of leadership and career, the Symposium is an important chance to stay abreast of current Australian and international leadership trends. Engaging subject matter boosts participant leadership capacity while informative case studies and keynote addresses enhance the experience by examining key issues pertaining to the ongoing development of Australia's female leaders. There will be a panel discussion on leveraging growth opportunities for female talent. The day will also include an interactive development session on being brave, adaptive and experimental and avoiding sticking to one narrow story about what makes us effective and authentic.
The Symposium offers an unsurpassed forum for delegates to grow their networks far beyond their industries and local communities and to develop lasting relationships with like-minded women.
...And be inspired!
This prestigious event showcases some of Australia's most outstanding leaders from a diverse range of fields including media, politics, education, defence, public service and construction.
The phenomenal speaker line-up includes:
- Tracey Spicer AM – Author, Newsreader and Journalist
- Catherine Fox – Journalist, Author and Presenter
- Katrina Fong Lim – Former Lord Mayor, City of Darwin
- Libby Lyons – Director, Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Karinda Gill – 2017 Telstra Northern Territory Business Woman of the Year and Director, Abode New Homes
- Vicki Baylis – CEO, Department of Education
- Rebecca Mills – General Manager, New Energy and Sustainability, Territory Generation
- Lenore Dembski – Owner, Paperbark Woman and Principal Programme Officer, NT Working Women's Centre
- Wing Commander Llani Kenealy - Gender Advisor to the Chief of Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force
- Sergeant Erica Gibson – Northern Territory Police
Nova Peris OAM OLY, Former Olympian Gold Medallist, Federal Senator and Principal Adviser, Sport & Recreation Participation, will be acknowledged as the Northern Territory winner of the 2018 Australian Award for Excellence in Women's Leadership.
- Early bird rate (ends 15 June) - $995 per person; $895 per person (group of 3 or more); $795 per person (table of 8)
- Standard rate - $1395 per person; $1295 per person (group of 3 or more); $1195 per person (table of 8)
Further details: www.wla.edu.au/darwin>